CAFÉ MENU: • Taco Bar • Rice with Cilantro and Lime • Refried Beans
DAILY: Big Daddy’s Pizza • Chicken Sandwiches (Regular and Spicy) • Variety of Wraps (Turkey, Ham, Spicy Chicken, Chicken or Veggie) • Variety of Fruit and Veggies
There are a few spots left for Mix It Up Day at Timmons today, please sign up in Guidance asap.
Congratulations to Kenston Speech & Debate!
● Kenston placed fourth as a team at the Chagrin Falls speech and debate tournament.
● Original Oratory -Valerie Brown placed first while Chloé Peiffer placed fourth.
● Declamation – Anthony Alandt placed first, Kylee Pierson placed second, and Caddie Matty placed fourth.
● Big Questions Debate – Chase Tuller and Will Rottman placed fourth.
● United States Extemporaneous Speaking – Laura Parsons placed fourth.
● Placing sixth were Micah Greenberg in Humorous Interpretation and Hannah Andrews in Program Oral Interpretation.
● Placing seventh were Ryann Greulich and Samantha Stephens in Congressional Debate. Frank Hegedus in Program Oral Interpretation, and Elena Perrine in Big Questions Debate.
● Okan Kardzhala had a 3-1 winning record in Lincoln-Douglas Debate.
The team heads to Mentor on Saturday.
Update: The senior girls won over the juniors in the annual football game on Saturday. The juniors put up a valid fight! $500 will be donated to WomenSafe.
Bomber Bash: The dunk tank will be here! Yes, you will have an opportunity to dunk your principal! Be here on Saturday to participate in Bomber Bash and take a shot at dunkin Mr. G!!! Registration has been extended to this Friday. Remember it’s a $10 registration fee and only a $50 minimum donation. All donations can be turned in this Friday! Packets are still available in the main office or on the website. Students participating in a sporting event on Saturday can arrive late and still attend Bomber Bash.
Attention Students & Staff: the cafeteria will be serving a Thanksgiving themed lunch this Wednesday! We will be serving Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, green bean casserole, dinner rolls, and a dessert.
Business Club is playing Capture the Flag on the Kenston Trails at 3 pm on November 26th. Entry is $5 and all proceeds go to Bainbridge Food For Friends. Get a signup form in Mr. Kepreos room C223.
Kenston Center Stage will perform Elf the Musical on Thursday, December 5, Friday, December 6 and Saturday, December 7 at 7pm in the Robert A. Lee Auditorium at Kenston High School. This modern-day, winter classic is sure to make everyone embrace their inner elf. After all, the best way to spread Holiday Cheer is singing loud for all to hear. TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW. Check the website for the link.
A reminder that the Hub is open for anyone afterschool to get a head start on homework and studying. This also applies to anyone who needs extra help or tutoring through Kenston Academy. Times are Monday-Thursday from 2:20-3:20. No need to sign up, just come in!
Senior portrait specifications for other Photographers: Size—no less than 300 dpi. Pose—only traditional full color portrait, head and shoulders only. Background—must be on the spectrum from cobalt to navy blue (no light blue). No hats, props, hands or inappropriate clothing. Submit your photograph electronically by email attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org or on a CD. Under no circumstances will a senior portrait be scanned from a print. Any questions, see Mr. Fodor, room A114.
A few new scholarships have arrived in Guidance:
● One is for females who will be attending Ohio University
● The second is for students planning to major in engineering and attending certain Ohio colleges
● The Cavaliers/Huntington Scholarship eligibility is based on SAT/ACT scores, extracurriculars, work experience, community service, essay.
Applications are in Guidance.
Attention Sophomore’s and interested Freshman: Auburn Career Center visitation day is Wednesday, November 20th. Permission slips are available in the Guidance office. See Mr. Kimpton if you have any questions.
Upcoming College Visits:
Rhode Island School of Design, Savannah College of Art & Design
**Sign up through your Naviance account and you’ll receive a pass the morning of the visit. If you have any questions, see Guidance.
● Picture Day/Team Photos will be on Thursday, November 21st in the Aux Gym.
Do you want to earn some extra money with the holidays fast approaching? Did you know we have a job board located across from the Guidance Office and on our website? There are employers looking for students like you and are willing to work around your busy schedule! Take a look: Panera Bread, Aladdin’s, Chagrin Falls Pet Clinic, Giant Eagle, Jekyll’s, Marshall’s and more!
LOST & FOUND ITEMS: Please stop by the Main Office if you have lost something or if you have found something that someone has lost. Items not claimed in the Main Office will be moved to the new Storage Bench by the Concession Stand in the Cafeteria.