Webmaster’s note Saturday at 8 p.m. All photos are now posted!
1/2/2020 Kenston grappler Nastasi goes out three-time KIT champ (Chagrin Valley Times)
12/29 News-Herald Article
Main Gym Saturday at 1:35 p.m.
- Visit The News-Herald to view their photos.
- Champions Getting Their Hands Raised (8 p.m.)
- 182 lb 5th Place Winner Evan Glasscock (6:25 p.m.)
- 152 lb 1st Place Winner Nick Nastasi (6:15 p.m.)
- 138 lb 6th Place Winner Frank DiMarco (5:05 p.m.)
- 5th Place Winner Kaz Rajko (4:30 p.m.)
- Video Introductions
- Parade of Champions (3:30 p.m.)
- 2:35 p.m. (Evan Glasscock)
- 2:30 p.m. (Frank DiMarco, Kaz Rajko)
- 1:30 p.m. (Nick Nastasi, Mason Benz)
- 1 p.m. (Evan Glasscock)
- 12:50 p.m. (Mason Benz)
- 12:05 p.m. (Kaz Rajko, Frank DiMarco)
- 11:35 a.m. (Michael Strano)
- 11:30 a.m. (Cale Doyle, Vance Brodnik)
- 11:20 a.m. (Evan Glasscock)
- 10:55 a.m. (Will Rottman, Frank DiMarco, Mason Benz)
- 10:35 a.m. (Kaz Rajko, Lucian Benz, Michael Strano, Xander Lanza, Lucas Simmons)
- 7:45 p.m. (Vance Brodnik, Connor Kluesner, Connor Doyle)
- 7:05 p.m. (Frank DiMarco, Nick Nastasi, Evan Glasscock)
- 6:45 p.m. (Nick Nastasi)
- 6:20 p.m. (Kaz Rajko, Lucas Simmons)
- 5:40 p.m. (Connor Doyle, Vance Brodnik, Jacob White)
- 5:20 p.m. (Evan Glasscock, Athan Zoes)
- 4:50 p.m. (Ben DiMarco, Lucian Benz)
- 4:30 p.m. (Will Rottman, Lucas Simmons)
- 3:55 p.m. (Connor Doyle, Connor Kluesner)
- 3:35 p.m. (Evan Glasscock)
- 3:30 p.m. (Frank DiMarco, Lucian Benz, Mason Benz)
- 2:50 p.m. (Kaz Rajko)
- 2:30 p.m. (Michael Strano, AJ Pemberton)
- 2:20 p.m. (Will Rottman)
- 1:55 p.m. (Connor Doyle, Vance Brodnik)
- 1:15 p.m. (Ben DiMarco, Mason Benz)
- 1:10 p.m. (AJ Pemberton, Michael Strano, Frank DiMarco)
- 12:50 p.m. (Lucas Simmons, Will Rottman, Kaz Rajko)
Attention Wrestlers: We will be doing a live broadcast of the tournament. Send the URL of this page to your family and friends.
On Friday, December 27 and Saturday 28, 2019, the 55th Annual KIT Wrestling Tournament will be held. It will begin at noon and run until approximately 8:30 P.M. on Friday. The tournament will begin at 9:30 A.M. and end approximately at 5:30 P.M. on Saturday. It will be our 22nd year broadcasting the event over the Internet, come and support our Bombers! Good luck to our wrestling team!
Note: We are NOT located in Chagrin Falls, rather Bainbridge Township, we just have a Chagrin Falls mailing address
Kenston High School Campus
9500 Bainbridge Rd
Chagrin Falls, OH 44023
TEAMS PARTICIPATING (39):
|Boardman||Field||Norwalk St Paul||Southeast (Ravenna)|
|Chardon||Kenston||Pymatuning Valley||University School|
|Eastlake North||Madison||Rocky River||Willoughby South|
Trophies for team champion, team runner-up, and 3rd place team. Awards for individual champion, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th place. Outstanding Wrestler of Tournament will be selected by Head Coaches vote.
PAIRINGS & SEEDING:
Drawing for positions and seeding will be done by computer. There is not a seeding meeting. Coaches must enter seeding/line-up sheet via online submission. See attached SEEDING detail sheet for more information.
WEIGHT & WEIGH-IN’s:
According to OHSAA tournament rules, wrestlers will make scratch +2 LBS for Day 1 of the tournament (Example: 106 weight class = 108 allowed weigh in). Scratch +3 lbs for day 2 of the tournament. NOTE: Due to the threat of inclement weather in our region, and for the safety of our athletes and fans, the OHSAA MAY grant us weigh out procedures. IF granted by the State, Wrestlers can make weight for Day 2 during the weigh out period that evening of Day 1.
Saturday, December 28 from 8:30am – 10:00am. Pancake Breakfast is now included at no extra charge for all teams (# wrestlers entered, coaches, 2 statisticians, 1 bus driver).
Friday, December 27, 2019
9:15-9:45am…….. Coaches must check-in at the head table. All lineup changes done at this time.
9:50am…………….. Official Day 1 Skin and Nail check to begin.
10:00am…………… Weigh-In: In accordance to OHSAA rules. Scratch +2 (i.e.106# can weigh 108#)
11:15am…………… Coaches Meeting-Hospitality room.
12:00pm…………… Wrestling Starts Session 1 on 6 mats – 3 rounds of championship & 3 rounds of consolation (subject to change)
6:30pm…………….. Last round of wrestling begins, Weigh-out’s begin (due to threat of inclement weather and for the safety of our athletes and fans, the OHSAA may grant us weigh out procedures). Scratch +3. Weigh-ins end 20 minutes after last match of evening.
Saturday, December 28, 2019
8:30am-10:00am……. Pancake Breakfast in Commons Area.
9:00am-9:15am……… Check in for Wrestlers in the 2nd Chance Tournament. Main Gym, Head Table
9:15am………………….. Day 2 Skin Check for all wrestlers in consolation.
9:30am………………….. Wrestling Starts Consolation Round #4 & #5. FRESH/SOPH 2nd chance tourney.
11:30am………………… Skin Check for Semi-finalists only.
12:00noon (approx)… Semi-Final Championship
1:30pm (approx)…….. Consolation Semi-finals & 7th Place Matches
2:50pm (approx)…….. Short Break in preparation for Finals
3:00pm………………….. Wrestlers report to warm-up area for Parade of Champions.
3:15pm………………….. National Anthem and Parade of Champions. Finals Begin
FRESHMAN/SOPHOMORE 2nd CHANCE TOURNAMENT.
This worked out GREAT last year and is back by popular demand of the coaches. Any Freshman or Sophomore who did not make it to day 2 of the tournament has the opportunity to wrestle in a 2nd chance “quick run” tournament on day 2 in the auxiliary gym. Matches are 3 minutes and are not “official” so they cannot be counted towards their season record report. It is considered a scrimmage and gives younger wrestlers a chance to get more experience. 9th & 10th Graders ONLY, NO Exceptions. More details at coaches meeting Day 1.
Hampton Inn (Solon) For reservations and special rate call: 440-542-0400
6035 Enterprise Parkway, Solon, OH 44139
Director of Sales: Julie Mock, e -mail Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission will be $10.00 for day 1, $10.00 day 2, or $17.00 for all session pass. $5.00 Finals only admission.
No league, school, or cheerleader passes will be honored.
Kenston Invitational Pancake Breakfast Saturday, December 28, 2019
8:30am – 10:00am
Pancakes, Eggs, Toast, Sausage/Bacon, Orange Juice, Coffee…….and more.
ALL Wrestlers, Coaches, 2 Stats & Bus driver FREE
$5.00 for Everyone Else
Open to ALL
This breakfast is open to all athletes, coaches, parents, and fans. Please pass this information on to wrestlers’ parents.
**This will be held on site adjacent to the main gym in our cafeteria/commons area**
Visit our past coverage
Meet Your Web Builders
- DAY (11:30 a.m.) Nik Hunder, Declan Swope, Jimmy Kocheff, Sarvar K.
NIGHT (2:30 p.m.): Nik Hunder, Declan Swope, Sarvar K.
- DAY (9 a.m.): Nik Hunder, Declan Swope, Sarvar K., David Rosinski
NIGHT (2 p.m.): Nik Hunder, Declan Swope, Sarvar K.