CAFÉ MENU: • Grilled Cheese • Tomato Soup • Fries • Vegetable
DAILY: Big Daddy’s Pizza • Chicken Sandwiches (Regular and Spicy) • Variety of Wraps (Turkey, Ham, Spicy Chicken, Chicken or Veggie) • Variety of Fruit and Veggies
Congratulations to Samantha Stephens, Colin Varga, Ryann Greulich and Devin Cinch for being selected to represent Kenston at States in Congressional Debate! They join Anthony Alandt and Kylee Pierson who have pre-qualified for States in Declamation through the bid system. The rest of the Speech and Debate team will be competing at Districts on Saturday. Please wish them luck!
KHS Student Band “Close 2 Second” will compete at the Rock-N-Roll Hall of Fame for the 24th annual Tri-C High School Rock Off on February 8th. The band is competing for a $1,000 cash prize and the opportunity to possibly open for a concert through Live Nation this summer. You can purchase tickets from Jack Kosiorek, Donny Maynard, John Palmer or Dave Rosinski.
The 2020 KHS Fashion Show is set for Thursday March 12! Juniors and Seniors, don’t forget sign-ups are today and Friday during lunch blocks. If you have any questions E-mail KHS.Afterprom@kenstonapps.org.
A few important reminders:
● Scheduling Meetings will be next week for 9th-11th graders
Monday, February 3 through Friday, February 7: (1st block)
● Blood Drive Homeroom Assemblies for juniors and seniors on Monday, February 10 and Wednesday, February, 12
● Parent-Teacher Conferences/CCP Night – Thursday, February 13th
● Friday, February 14 & Monday, February 17 – No School
● KHS Blood Drive is Thursday, February 27
The Pulse Writing Club is meeting this Thursday, January 30th, at 2:25, in Ms. Joyce’s room, A113.
All creative writers are welcome to join us. See Ms. Joyce if you have any questions.
Calling all writers and artists!!! Want to get your work published in an award winning magazine? Kenston’s nationally ranked literary and art magazine, Janus, wants your writing and art! Please see Mr. Marchesi in room A119 or your Art/English teacher for details. The deadline for submissions is February 3.
A reminder that the Hub is open for anyone afterschool to get a head start on homework and studying. This also applies to anyone who needs extra help or tutoring through Kenston Academy. Times are Monday-Thursday from 2:20-3:20. No need to sign up, just come in!
Senior portrait specifications for other Photographers: Size—no less than 300 dpi. Pose—only traditional full color portrait, head and shoulders only. Background—must be on the spectrum from cobalt to navy blue (no light blue). No hats, props, hands or inappropriate clothing. Submit your photograph electronically by email attachment to: email@example.com or on a CD. Under no circumstances will a senior portrait be scanned from a print. Any questions, see Mr. Fodor, room A114.
Attention seniors – please stop in Guidance at your earliest convenience to sign the Senior Matte and signature page for the yearbook.
Scholarships are arriving – Please see Guidance for a complete listing of scholarships:
● Cleveland Hockey Booster Club offers several scholarships for seniors currently playing in hockey leagues. Applications in Guidance, deadline February 29, 2020.
● Chagrin Valley Woman’s Club scholarship application is available in Guidance. $1,500 scholarships will be given this year. Criteria includes financial need, academics, community service and work experience.
Applications must be completed and submitted to Guidance by NOON on Friday, March 6. Students must submit THREE copies of the entire application.
● The Hope and Stanley Adelstein Free Speech Essay Contest is open to all students. There are two categories: 11th and 12th graders and 9th and 10th graders. 1st, 2nd, 3rd and honorable mention monetary awards. DETAILS IN GUIDANCE. Deadline is March 9, 2020.
● MAAK scholarships – March 10
● Chagrin Valley Chamber of Commerce is offering a $1,500 scholarship to one senior from Kenston who demonstrates the potential for a successful business career. Deadline is March 15. Stop in Guidance for details.
● KHS Athletic Boosters, deadline March 16
● Bainbridge Women’s Club scholarship is here – for both male and female can apply. Applications in Guidance. Deadline March 16.
● Kenston Community Ed – March 17
● KHS Academic Boosters, deadline March 20
● The Bainbridge Police Department is offering two $1,500 scholarships. Criteria and applications are in Guidance. Deadline is Friday, April 3, 2020
● A scholarship for JUNIOR student-athletes is available in Guidance. See Guidance for details. This is for the class of 2021 only. Deadline, May 31, 2020.
Reminder to Sophomores: You can schedule a visit for Auburn Career’s “Welcome Wednesdays” anytime NOW through April. See Mr. Kimpton in Guidance for details.
Cleveland Office of FBI hosts a hands-on training for high school students June 23-26. Learn about the mission of the FBI from special agents and intelligence analysts including criminal, cyber threats, terrorism, and administrative functions. Witness a variety of investigative tactics that include gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses and solving cases. Students must be current juniors or seniors with a 3.0 GPA or higher. Applications are in Guidance and space is limited. If interested apply now. Deadline is Jan. 31.
Attention Seniors: The 7th Grade Camp Counselor applications are now available in Guidance. If selected, this will be your Senior Project Mentorship in May. Applications are in Guidance and watch the deadlines. They are due back in Guidance on Wednesday, February 19th.
INDIVIDUAL MEETINGS: For individual student and family meetings regarding the college financial aid process, loans, financial aid award letter questions, FAFSA, and scholarships, please contact Renee Morgan, LEAF advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment. Mrs. Morgan is available at Kenston on Fridays, 8:30-2:15.
Having a bad day? Contemplating self harm? Stressed? Suicidal? The Copeline is there to help you with all of these things. Geauga Copeline is 24 hour assistance for anyone with mental health issues for you or a friend. Check out the signs throughout the building. Remember, it’s okay not to be okay.
Do you want to earn some extra money? Did you know we have a job board located across from the Guidance Office and on our website? There are employers looking for students like you and are willing to work around your busy schedule! Take a look: Panera Bread, Aladdin’s, Chagrin Falls Pet Clinic, Giant Eagle, Jekyll’s, Marshall’s, Solon Recreation Center and more!
LOST & FOUND ITEMS: Please stop by the Main Office if you have lost something or if you have found something that someone has lost. Items not claimed in the Main Office will be moved to the new Storage Bench by the Concession Stand in the Cafeteria.