Congrats to Junior Samantha Stephens, who is the first alternate for Nationals in Congressional Debate, which will be held in Albuquerque in June.
French Club – Will be going to the Paris Room TODAY from 5 p.m.- 6 p.m!
A few important reminders:
- Scheduling Meetings for TODAY during first block for:
- Sheneman / Krejsa / Wahl / Costigan / Ray
- Blood Drive Homeroom Assemblies for juniors is today, and Wednesday, February, 12 for Seniors. Remember to bring your Chromebook.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences/CCP Night – Thursday, February 13th
- Friday, February 14 & Monday, February 17 – No School
- KHS Blood Drive is Thursday, February 27
A reminder that the Hub is open for anyone after school to get a head start on homework and studying. This also applies to anyone who needs extra help or tutoring through Kenston Academy. Times are Monday-Thursday from 2:20-3:20. No need to sign up, just come in!
Senior portrait specifications for other Photographers: Size—no less than 300 dpi. Pose—only traditional full color portrait, head and shoulders only. Background—must be on the spectrum from cobalt to navy blue (no light blue). No hats, props, hands or inappropriate clothing. Submit your photograph electronically by email attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org or on a CD. Under no circumstances will a senior portrait be scanned from a print. Any questions, see Mr. Fodor, room A114.
Scholarships are arriving – Please see Guidance for a complete listing of scholarships:
- Cleveland Hockey Booster Club offers several scholarships for seniors currently playing in hockey leagues. Applications in Guidance, deadline February 29, 2020.
- Chagrin Valley Woman’s Club scholarship application is available in Guidance. $1,500 scholarships will be given this year. Criteria includes financial need, academics, community service and work experience.
Applications must be completed and submitted to Guidance by NOON on Friday, March 6. Students must submit THREE copies of the entire application.
- The Kenston Foundation Scholarship – One application, 35 scholarships available. Deadline March 6 at 3:30 p.m.
- The Hope and Stanley Adelstein Free Speech Essay Contest is open to all students. There are two categories: 11th and 12th graders and 9th and 10th graders. 1st, 2nd, 3rd and honorable mention monetary awards. DETAILS IN GUIDANCE. Deadline is March 9, 2020.
- MAAK scholarships – March 10
- Chagrin Valley Chamber of Commerce is offering a $1,500 scholarship to one senior from Kenston who demonstrates the potential for a successful business career. Deadline is March 15. Stop in Guidance for details.
- KHS Athletic Boosters, deadline March 16
- Bainbridge Women’s Club scholarship is here – for both male and female can apply. Applications in Guidance. Deadline March 16.
- Kenston Community Ed – March 17
- KHS Academic Boosters, deadline March 20
- The Bainbridge Police Department is offering two $1,500 scholarships. Criteria and applications are in Guidance. Deadline is Friday, April 3, 2020
- A scholarship for JUNIOR student-athletes is available in Guidance. See Guidance for details. This is for the class of 2021 only. Deadline, May 31, 2020.
Reminder to Sophomores: You can schedule a visit for Auburn Career’s “Welcome Wednesdays” anytime NOW through April. See Mr. Kimpton in Guidance for details.
Attention Seniors: The 7th Grade Camp Counselor applications are now available in Guidance. If selected, this will be your Senior Project Mentorship in May. Applications are in Guidance and watch the deadlines. They are due back in Guidance on Wednesday, February 19th.
INDIVIDUAL MEETINGS: For individual student and family meetings regarding the college financial aid process, loans, financial aid award letter questions, FAFSA, and scholarships, please contact Renee Morgan, LEAF advisor, at email@example.com to make an appointment. Mrs. Morgan is available at Kenston on Fridays, 8:30-2:15.
Having a bad day? Contemplating self harm? Stressed? Suicidal? The Copeline is there to help you with all of these things. Geauga Copeline is 24 hour assistance for anyone with mental health issues for you or a friend. Check out the signs throughout the building. Remember, it’s okay not to be okay.
Attention all Track Team Athletes: There will be a brief meeting during homeroom on Wednesday, February 12th.
Good luck to the following team(s) as they compete tonight:
- Boys & Girls Bowling
Do you want to earn some extra money? Did you know we have a job board located across from the Guidance Office and on our website? There are employers looking for students like you and are willing to work around your busy schedule! Take a look: Panera Bread, Aladdin’s, Chagrin Falls Pet Clinic, Giant Eagle, Jekyll’s, Marshall’s, Solon Recreation Center and more!
LOST & FOUND ITEMS: Please stop by the Main Office if you have lost something or if you have found something that someone has lost. Items not claimed in the Main Office will be moved to the new Storage Bench by the Concession Stand in the Cafeteria.