CAFÉ MENU: • Hot Dogs/Chili • French Fries • Baked Beans
DAILY: Big Daddy’s Pizza • Chicken Sandwiches (Regular and Spicy) • Variety of Wraps (Turkey, Ham, Spicy Chicken, Chicken or Veggie) • Variety of Fruit and Veggies
Make sure to get your Ice cream sandwich at lunch today, provided by our PTO.
Do you like the battle of Waterloo? How about the battle of Antietam? Well, then you’re in luck because the Military History Club is now open to all who seek historical fun. If this interests you, come down on Tuesday’s after school to Mrs. Wirthwein’s room, room A203
The NHS Book Drive: Have the books in your first block class been piling up? I hope so, only two weeks remain in the NHS book drive. Any donation is appreciated and will bring your class one step closer to a free food award!
The KHS Blood Drive has been rescheduled for Thursday, April 16th. More information will follow.
DO YOU WANT TO VOTE in a Schoolwide Primary Election? If so, be ready to select a Democratic, Republican or Independent Ballot on March 17th during lunch.
On Tuesday, March 17 at 4:00 pm, Come on down to the Bainbridge Public Library after school for free pizza, games, and community. We are right down the street on the corner of Washington and Snyder. Everyone is welcome-no registration required! Just show up, play games, and eat pizza
Attention student leaders! We are looking forward to Bomber Bash 2020! Make sure you do not miss out on the opportunity to be a big part of this tradition…earn service hours, add leadership experience to your resume, have a blast with your peers and most importantly, help support the families of A Kid Again. Applications for Lead Crew are now available via link to google docs on the school website. Applications are due by Friday March 20th, before spring break! Interviews will be held Thursday April 2nd, Friday April 3rd after break.
A few important reminders:
- The Fashion Show is tonight at 7:00 p.m. in the auditorium
- College Credit Plus Paperwork due before 3/13
- No School – Friday, March 13th
- KHS Athletic Boosters, deadline March 16
- Bainbridge Women’s Club scholarship is here – for both male and female can apply. Applications in Guidance. Deadline March 16.
- Kenston Community Ed Scholarship – March 17
- Graduation Speeches due – March 30th to Mr. Gabram
A reminder that the Hub is open for anyone after school to get a head start on homework and studying. This also applies to anyone who needs extra help or tutoring through Kenston Academy. Times are Monday-Thursday from 2:20-3:20. No need to sign up, just come in!
SPRING COLLEGE VISITS:
- Wheeling Jesuit University, WV – March 19 at 9 a.m.
- University of Mount Union – March 19 @ 9:30 a.m. – CANCELLED
- Embry-Riddle, Daytona Beach, FLA – March 20 @ 1 p.m.
**Sign up in Guidance**
Students – are you looking for an opportunity to get service hours quickly? KIS is having a Family Night event on Thursday, March 12 from 6-8:45 p.m. They need students to help as welcome volunteers, guides, registration, game rooms, clue room, cake walk, obstacle course, set up and clean up. See Mrs. Hanzak in Guidance ASAP if you are interested.
A paid summer position is available for girls 16 and older as a camp employee with the Girl Scouts of Northeast Ohio. Serve as camp employees for day and resident camps for girls aged 5-17 from June 4-August 4, 2020. Part-time positions are also available. Receive free room and board while camp is in session, make lifelong friends with other staff including international staff. No Girl Scout experience is needed. Details and application are in Guidance.
Lake County Right to Life offers an essay contest for freshmen and sophomores residing in Geauga county. See Guidance for details if interested. Deadline is postmarked by April 18, 2020.
Scholarships are arriving – Please see Guidance for a complete listing of scholarships
- KHS Academic Boosters, deadline March 20
- Chagrin Valley Chamber of Commerce is offering a $1,500 scholarship to one senior from Kenston who demonstrates the potential for a successful business career. Deadline is March 20. Stop in Guidance for details.
- Bainbridge Civic Club deadline March 20
- Chagrin Valley Rotary Scholarship – Academic & Vocational Scholarships $3,000 each. Deadline March 20
- The Bainbridge Police Department is offering two $1,500 scholarships. Criteria and applications are in Guidance. Deadline is Friday, April 3, 2020
- A scholarship for JUNIOR student-athletes is available in Guidance. See Guidance for details. This is for the class of 2021 only. Deadline, May 31, 2020.
Reminder to Sophomores: You can schedule a visit for Auburn Career’s “Welcome Wednesdays” anytime NOW through April. See Mr. Kimpton in Guidance for details.
Attention sophomores and juniors: Are you interested in learning more about business? A week-long summer business camp will be offered from June 14-19 at Lake Erie College. Participants are eligible to earn 3 college credits through CCP program and Ohio Means Jobs Readiness Seal for high school credit. For more information and applications, see Guidance.
INDIVIDUAL MEETINGS: For individual student and family meetings regarding the college financial aid process, loans, financial aid award letter questions, FAFSA, and scholarships, please contact Renee Morgan, LEAF advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment. Mrs. Morgan is available at Kenston on Fridays, 8:30-2:15.
Having a bad day? Contemplating self harm? Stressed? Suicidal? The Copeline is there to help you with all of these things. Geauga Copeline is 24 hour assistance for anyone with mental health issues for you or a friend. Check out the signs throughout the building. Remember, it’s okay not to be okay.
Good luck to the following team(s) as they compete tonight and this weekend:
- Practices and scrimmages scheduled
Do you want to earn some extra money? Did you know we have a job board located across from the Guidance Office and on our website? There are employers looking for students like you and are willing to work around your busy schedule! Take a look: Panera Bread, Aladdin’s, Chagrin Falls Pet Clinic, Giant Eagle, Jekyll’s, Marshall’s, Solon Recreation Center and more!
LOST & FOUND ITEMS: Please stop by the Main Office if you have lost something or if you have found something that someone has lost. Items not claimed in the Main Office will be moved to the new Storage Bench by the Concessio