CAFÉ MENU: Chicken Nuggets • Seasoned Wedge Fries or Sweet Potato Fries
DAILY: Big Daddy’s Pizza • Chicken Sandwiches (Regular and Spicy) • Variety of Wraps (Turkey, Ham, Spicy Chicken, Chicken or Veggie) • Variety of Fruit and Veggies
Attention student drivers – please be advised that the driveway leading down to the bus loop CANNOT be
used after school. All drivers are to exit using the Synder or Bainbridge driveways.
Ice cream will be provided by our PTO during all lunch blocks! Please remember to use social
distancing when going to the table for your snack!
Kenston Academy is open for business! Stop in The Hub every Monday through Thursday after school
from 2:20 to 3:20 to meet with a tutor or just use the space to work. All topics will be covered and no
appointment is necessary. Be sure to take advantage of this great resource!
Anyone interested in joining Speech & Debate and Mock Trial can email Coach Voudris at
A few quick reminders:
● Applications for National Honor Society are due on Tuesday, September 8th.
● Student Planners are available in Guidance for $5.
● Jewelry was found in the A-Restroom. Please see the office if you are missing jewelry.
● Parking passes will be sold during lunch today and next week in the cafeteria during all lunch
blocks. Bring your completed application, with a copy of your license and a check for $35.00.
● School pictures will be taken on Tuesday, September 8th – our first day back! and September
11th Please visit the school website for your specific day & time. All students whether purchasing
pictures or not are still required to get their picture taken for your student I.D.
● Seniors must have their immunization for the second dose of their MMR turned into the Clinic by
Friday, September 18, 2020 in order to come to school on Monday.
● No School on Monday, September 7th for Labor Day – Enjoy your weekend!
● Remind your parents that Virtual Open House is on Thursday, September 10th
● If you haven’t checked it out yet, Josten’s Class Jewelry is now available on the student web page.
Show your Bomber Pride by wearing a necklace, bracelet or ring designed by you!
Do you want to be able to read announcements just like this one you are hearing right now? If so, see Mr. Novak in The Hub, formerly known as the library.
SENIORS, REQUIRED VACCINE: All seniors are required to have proof of the meningococcal vaccine on
file in the clinic PRIOR TO the beginning of the 2020-21 school year. By state law, students will not be
allowed to stay in school longer than 14 school days unless proof has been received on all required
immunizations. Note: students who had the first dose prior to age 16 must have the second dose before
entering 12th grade. Documentation can be a signed note from the physician’s office or an immunization
summary printout. Proof must include the month, day, and year of the dose. Deadline: Friday, September
SENIOR PORTRAITS: Senior portrait specifications for other Photographers: Size—no less than 300 dpi.
Pose—only traditional full color portrait, head and shoulders only. Background—must be on the spectrum
from cobalt to navy blue (no light blue). No hats, props, hands or inappropriate clothing. Submit your
photograph electronically by email attachment to: email@example.com or on a CD. Under no
circumstances will a senior portrait be scanned from a print. Any questions, see Mr. Fodor, room A114.
Seniors – Your SAT Registration is due on Tuesday, September 8th. Bring a check for $52 on Tuesday!!
Juniors – your PSAT Registration is due on Tuesday, September 8th. Bring a check for $17 on Tuesday!
Attention Seniors: College visitations will be held virtually this year. The following schools are scheduled
● Wednesday, Sept. 9th – University of Kentucky
● Friday, Sept. 11th @ 10:30 a.m. – George Mason University, also at
○ 1:00 p.m. – Rochester Institute of Technology
Please sign up through your Naviance account. Further details and a URL to attend the virtual
presentation will be emailed to your Kenston email.
Good luck to the following teams as they play tonight:
● Football @ Madison
Need a job? New positions posted! Check out our JOB BOARD. Employers post jobs here because
they want YOU! Go to the KHS website, type in “job board” in the search box, or stop by the job board
across from Guidance.
LOST & FOUND ITEMS: Please stop by the Main Office if you have lost something or if you have found
something that someone has lost. Items not claimed in a few days will be placed in the Lost & Found bin in