CAFÉ MENU: Chicken Quesadilla • Assorted Veggies
DAILY: Big Daddy’s Pizza • Chicken Sandwiches (Regular and Spicy) • Variety of Wraps (Turkey, Ham, Spicy Chicken, Chicken or Veggie) • Variety of Fruit and Veggies
School Spirit week:
● Today – Hawaiian Day
● Wednesday, September 23 – Wear Green in honor of Sandy Hook Promise
○ The Sandy Hook Promise is focused on preventing gun violence (and all violence) before it happens. The Sandy Hook Promise does this by educating and mobilizing parents, schools and communities on mental health and wellness programs that identify, intervene and help at-risk individuals.
● Thursday, September 24 – Decades Day
● Friday, September 25 – Red, White & Blue Day
Congratulations to this year’s Homecoming Court 2020-2021:
● 9th Grade: Alyse Stefancin & Dylan May
● 10th Grade: Anna Hammerle & Robert Phillips
● 11th Grade: Nya Ku & William Pollack
● 12th Grade Court: (to be voted on Wednesday and announced at Friday’s game)
○ Jay DeCaro, Emily Evans, Hannah Fender, Nathaniel Gaskins,
Sean Lennon, Carley Riggins, Nathan Spencer, Sarah Toth,
Anthony Valocchi, and Hope Wolf
Attention Students: There is a new procedure for lunches. Each day you will need to complete the “Free Lunch Form” in your student portal if you are obtaining a lunch. You will need to do this daily if you need lunch from the cafeteria.
Who needs a new set of wheels??? BomberBash is proud to announce that courtesy of Ganley Chevy of Aurora, we will be awarding a hole-in-one prize of a NEW CAR during our Bomber Bash Golf Outing!! Could it be you!?! Not signed up? Only a couple 4-some spots left …other exciting prizes include gift certificates for Top Golf, Punderson Golf Course, Tanglewood Golf Course, Golf Dome and more!! Don’t wish to golf? Come join us for dinner! See Registration information on the website. Deadline is this Wednesday.
Anyone interested in participating in Science Olympiad for the 2020/2021 season should meet in Dr. Coliccho’s room B128 for a SHORT meeting on Wednesday 9/23 after school. This includes students who are in 9th grade and are planning on participating on the middle school team.
A few quick reminders:
● The Diversity Club will be meeting Friday at 2:20. Come to C141 or join through Google Meet. Email Ms. D. Kramer if you need the classroom code.
● Speech & Debate will hold an informational meeting on Friday, September 25th right after school in the auditorium. Take a picture of your student I.D. on your phone. The barcode will scan and still allow you access to attendance, cafeteria virtual learning, etc., with your phone and you will not have to request a new I.D.
● Remember to sign-up for your NHS Interview time that is posted outside of the Guidance Office.
● Student Planners are available in Guidance for $5.
● Yearbook orders are $55 if ordered by October 2nd. After that, the price increases, so turn those orders in early!
Do you want to be able to read announcements just like this one you are hearing right now? If so, see Mr. Novak in The Hub, formerly known as the library.
Kenston Academy is open for business! Stop in The Hub every Monday through Thursday after school from 2:20 to 3:20 to meet with a tutor or just use the space to work. All topics will be covered and no appointment is necessary. Be sure to take advantage of this great resource!
SENIOR PORTRAITS: Senior portrait specifications for other Photographers: Size—no less than 300 dpi. Pose—only traditional full color portrait, head and shoulders only. Background—must be on the spectrum from cobalt to navy blue (no light blue). No hats, props, hands or inappropriate clothing. Submit your photograph electronically by email attachment to: email@example.com or on a CD. Under no circumstances will a senior portrait be scanned from a print. Any questions, see Mr. Fodor, room A114.
Attention seniors: There is a scholarship available in Guidance for seniors who plan to major in natural or environmental sciences in college. Details for the Protect Geauga Parks Bob McCullough Memorial Conservation Scholarship are available in Guidance. The deadline to apply is 6:00 PM on Friday, October 23, 2020.
Attention Seniors: College visitations will be held virtually this year. Students must register at least 24 hours in advance. No registration will be accepted on the day of the college visit. The following schools are scheduled this week:
Today we have:
● Wheeling Jesuit University @ 8:30
● Culinary Institute of America @ 10:00
● Boston University @ 11:30
● Cleveland Institute of Art 12:00
● Butler University @ 12:30
Later this week we have: Shenandoah University, Catholic University and Capital University.
Please sign up through your Naviance account. Further details and a URL to attend the virtual presentation will be emailed to your Kenston email.
Important Cap & Gown Information: In-School Order Date – Friday, October 2, 2020
Mail Order: Jostens Service Center, PO Box 512, Owatonna, MN 55060
NOTE: Final Deadline for all Kenston orders is Monday, December 14, 2020.
Orders after this date will incur late charges!!!
● PSAT Test (11th grade only) – Wednesday, October 14, 2020 (Registration deadline 9/8/20)
● SAT Test (12th grade only) – Wednesday, October 14, 2020 (Registration deadline 9/8/20)
● SAT Test (all 10th grade) – March, 2021
● AP Testing – May 3-14, 2021
College Financial Aid – Lake/Geauga Educational Assistance Foundation (LEAF) is a non-profit organization that provides guidance on college financial aid. Kenston’s LEAF advisor is Mrs. Renee Morgan and is available for virtual student/family meetings regarding the FAFSA, the CSS profile, scholarships, loans and college application and funding information. Mrs. Morgan will host a virtual presentation on financial aid this month for all junior and senior families. Topics will include how your current financial situation can affect selecting a college and a timeline of the financial aid process. A link to the video will be sent in the near future. To arrange an individual appointment during the day or in the evening, please contact Mrs. Morgan directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. LEAF will also present a virtual session: Scholarships 101, November 4, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. Contact Mrs. Morgan with any questions or Visit leaf-ohio.org for more information.
LEAF’s Virtual Information Sessions for the year have been posted on the Guidance webpage – all Kenston families are welcome to register.
Congratulations to the Cross Country boys team who won the D1 race at Boardman over the weekend against many D1 state-ranked teams! And, congratulations to the Cross Country girls team who lost to a tie-breaker to finish 2nd overall – the highest girls finish in school history! Way to go Bombers!!!!
Good luck to the following teams as they play today:
● Boys Golf
● Girls Tennis
● Boys & Girls Soccer
Due to Covid and under an agreement between Kenston and other schools in the Western Reserve Conference, two tickets for each football, soccer and volleyball athlete, cheerleader, dance team and band member will be sold for home games. Two tickets per player also will be sold for away conference games.
Need a job? New positions posted! Check out our JOB BOARD. Employers post jobs here because they want YOU! Go to the KHS website, type in “job board” in the search box, or stop by the job board across from Guidance.
LOST & FOUND ITEMS:
Please stop by the Main Office if you have lost something or if you have found something that someone has lost. Items not claimed in a few days will be placed in the Lost & Found bin in the Cafeteria.