CAFÉ MENÚ: Taco, Rice, Queso, Corn Salsa
DAILY: Big Daddy’s Pizza • Chicken Sandwiches (Regular and Spicy) • Variety of Wraps (Turkey, Ham, Spicy Chicken, Chicken or Veggie) • Variety of Fruit and Veggies
Congratulations to our Students of the Month and our Rotary Student of the Month for November:
● 9th Grade: Brinley Brown & Ava Intelisano
● 10th Grade: Laura Decroos & Joshua Dawson
● 11th Grade: Ashley Handwerk & Emma Smith
● 12th Grade: Grace Kimpton & Dennis Princic
● Rotary Student: Amelia Witmer-Rich
A few quick reminders:
● With the Covid numbers increasing in Geauga County and surrounding communities, please do your part – wear your mask properly and wash your hands frequently. Make taking your temperature daily a part of your morning routine before coming to school.
● School wide Mock Election is TODAY It is also Family Ties Night – No Homework is assigned.
● Anyone interested in joining Kenston’s Speech & Debate Team can stop by practice Today, Wednesday or Thursday night in A112 at 6:30 p.m.
● Speech and Debate Mock Debate also known as the fishbowl debate Wednesday, November 4 @ 6:30 p.m. (date is corrected) in the Hub. Come and join us and get extra credit!
● The 2021 Aerial Photograph schedule is posted on the window of the Hub.
Email Mr. Fodor if you have a conflict.
● Janus, Kenston’s literary & art magazine is accepting entries for this year’s cover. Possible theme ideas are “Medieval”, “Gothic”, or “Fairy Tale.” Entries are due by December 11th. Winner will receive a $75 gift card. See Mr. Marchesi for entry details.
Do you want to be able to read announcements just like this one you are hearing right now? If so, see Mr. Novak in The Hub, formerly known as the library.
Is open for business! Stop in The Hub every Monday through Thursday after school from 2:20 to 3:20 to meet with a tutor or just use the space to work. All topics will be covered and no appointment is necessary. Be sure to take advantage of this great resource!
Senior portrait specifications for other Photographers: Size—no less than 300 dpi. Pose—only traditional full color portrait, head and shoulders only. Background—must be on the spectrum from cobalt to navy blue (no light blue). No hats, props, hands or inappropriate clothing. Submit your photograph electronically by email attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org or on a CD. Under no circumstances will a senior portrait be scanned from a print. Any questions, see Mr. Fodor, room A114. Deadline is Tuesday, November 24, 2020
● YOUNG AMERICAN CREATIVE PATRIOTIC ART CONTEST SCHOLARSHIP For GRADES 9-12.
Win a top prize of $31,500 scholarship. Rules, eligibility and application are in Guidance or download at https://www.vfw.org/community/youth-and-education/youth-scholarships. Must be returned to Chardon VFW before March 31, 2021.
Important Cap & Gown Information: In School Date: October 2, 2020
Mail Order: Jostens Service Center, PO Box 512, Owatonna, MN 55060
NOTE: Final Deadline for all Kenston orders is Monday, December 14, 2020.
Orders after this date will incur late charges!!!
● PSAT Test (11th grade only) – Wednesday, October 14, 2020 (Registration deadline 9/8/20)
● SAT Test (12th grade only) – Wednesday, October 14, 2020 (Registration deadline 9/8/20)
● SAT Test (all 11th grade) – March, 2021
● AP Testing – May 3-14, 2021
College Financial Aid – Lake/Geauga Educational Assistance Foundation (LEAF) is a non-profit organization that provides guidance on college financial aid. Kenston’s LEAF advisor is Mrs. Renee Morgan and is available for virtual student/family meetings regarding the FAFSA, the CSS profile, scholarships, loans and college application and funding information. Mrs. Morgan will host a virtual presentation on financial aid this month for all junior and senior families. Topics will include how your current financial situation can affect selecting a college and a timeline of the financial aid process. A link to the video will be sent in the near future. To arrange an individual appointment during the day or in the evening, please contact Mrs. Morgan directly at email@example.com.
LEAF’s Virtual Information Sessions for the year have been posted on the Guidance webpage – all Kenston families are welcome to register.
Attention Seniors – LEAF Resource Center is offering an Information Session on Wednesday, November 4 @ 6:30 p.m. titled Scholarships 101. How do I find money for college? Learn about how to research scholarships at universities, national databases, and at the local level. Get helpful hints on scholarship application processes. Sessions are free, but reservations are required for Google Meet. Register at leaf-ohio.org/resource-center-sessions/ or call the LEAF Office at 440-525-7095.
We love to see the Bomber Pride in the community as we celebrate our team’s postseason accomplishments. Show your support and tie a blue ribbon to your mailbox, tree or utility pole!
Good luck today to the following teams as they play today:
● Girls Soccer – Regional Semi-Final vs. Revere (home)
Boys Basketball tryouts will be Wednesday, November 4th
● Varsity from 2:30-5:00
● JV & Freshman from 5:00-7:00
Due to Covid and under an agreement between Kenston and other schools in the Western Reserve Conference, two tickets for each football, soccer and volleyball athlete, cheerleader, dance team and band member will be sold for home games. Two tickets per player also will be sold for away conference games.
Need a job? New positions posted! Check out our JOB BOARD. Employers post jobs here because they want YOU! Go to the KHS website, type in “job board” in the search box, or stop by the job board across from Guidance.
LOST & FOUND ITEMS:
Please stop by the Main Office if you have lost something or if you have found something that someone has lost. Items not claimed in a few days will be placed in the Lost & Found bin in the Cafeteria.