Kenston High School
ANNOUNCEMENTS of the Day
May 21, 2021
DAILY CAFÉ MENÚ: Dunkers & Fries
Congratulations to Jenna Stretch who traveled to Columbus, Ohio yesterday and was recognized at the Ohio Statehouse by Senator Jerry Cirino! Jenna is the Division 1 Girls State Bowling Champion! Way to go Jenna!
Anyone interested in auditioning for Varsity Jazz for the 2021-2022 school year, should see Mrs. Green for audition materials and to schedule a time!
- Effective August 1, 2021 your kenstonapps account will become suspended and inaccessible. You should have received an email explaining the steps to transfer your account to your personal email. You will need to start the process soon because it can take up to one (1) week to transfer the information. The office gets MANY calls from previous students desperately trying to get a document recovered. Sadly, it cannot be done. Take the time to get it done now!
- All textbooks, fees, fines, lunch account deficits and athletic equipment must be paid in order to participate in Commencement.
- This week is Cap & Gown pickup in Guidance
- Thursday, 5/20 & Friday, 5/21 – will be the Chromebook Collection in the Main Gym. All stickers must be removed before turning in your chromebook. THIS INCLUDES THE CHARGING CORD! It’s a $25 replacement fee!
- The Last day for seniors is Friday, 5/21
- with a 1:45 meeting for final reminders to cafeteria
- BRING YOUR DESK SHIELD
- The Bomber Fair is on Saturday, May 22nd.
- Tuesday, 5/25 – Graduation Rehearsal/Commencement
- Mandatory Rehearsal starts at 8:00 a.m. at the Stadium
- Arrival between 5:00-5:15 PM at KMS gymnasium
- Senior Parade – Date TBD
Copies of the 2021 Kenston Janus publication have arrived and are free and are available while supplies last. If you would like a copy, they are available in the library or in room A119
Attention Underclass Students: NHS will be putting on a Talent Show on Saturday, October 23rd. I know that seems like a long way away, BUT, you have time to think about a routine and gather a few friends to get your “act” together and practice during the summer! We want you to show off your talent!
Is open for business! Stop in the Hub every Monday through Thursday after school from 2:20 to 3:20 to meet with a tutor or just use the space to work. All topics will be covered and no appointment is necessary. Be sure to take advantage of this great resource.
Link is on the KHS Website. Yearbook’s start at $75.00
5/21 – Last Day for Seniors (Turn in fees, chromebook, desk shield, etc.)
5/22 – Bomber Senior Fair – 6:00 pm at Stadium
5/24 – Underclass Virtual Awards
5/25 – Graduation Commencement 6:00p.m. at Stadium
5/29 – Senior Campus Parade – 10:00 a.m.
5/31 – Memorial Day
6/2 – Last Day for Students
TRECA’s online summer school registration begins April 7 and runs through June 4. This is a great opportunity to earn your summer health and PE credit. Other advanced and remedial courses are available. See Guidance for information. Registration is limited, so register early if interested.
Students there are many job opportunities for part-time and summer work posted on the bulletin board outside of the Guidance office and on the job board on the student website. Please take a look at the new opportunities available.
Orders now incur late charges!!!
KHS TESTING May 3-14th – AP Testing
The KHS Main Office has a few copies of the 2020-2021 Winter Sports Program available for $5 if anyone would like to purchase a copy.
Parent and Player Meeting for Football next Monday, 5/24 at 5 pm at the field house.
Please join us! Cross country is a fun way to make new friends, improve brain function and get fit and stronger and have success. Join us on Thursday, May 27 @ 5:00 p.m. at the Kenston Trail Head if interested!
Good Luck to the following teams as they play today or this weekend:
- Track & Field – Boys & Girls – Districts Day 2
- Girls Lacrosse – Regional Quarter Finals
If you are experiencing trouble with your Chromebook:
On the student website, click on departments, click on technology and at the bottom is a Chromebook Repair Form
You can also contact Mrs. Buettner on ext. 2600
Need a job? New positions posted! Check out our JOB BOARD. Employers post jobs here because they want YOU! Go to the KHS website, type in “job board” in the search box, or stop by the job board across from Guidance.
LOST & FOUND ITEMS: Please stop by the Main Office if you have lost something or if you have found something that someone has lost. Items not claimed in a few days will be placed in the Lost & Found bin in the Cafeteria.