Kenston High School
ANNOUNCEMENTS of the Day
May 13, 2021
DAILY CAFÉ MENÚ: Chicken Parmesan Sandwich with Fries
- The Senior Lot will be closed on Friday of this week! Please park in the General Student Lot.
- Effective August 1, 2021 your kenstonapps account will become suspended and inaccessible. You should have received an email explaining the steps to transfer your account to your personal email. You will need to start the process soon because it can take up to one (1) week to transfer the information. The office gets MANY calls from previous students desperately trying to get a document recovered. Sadly, it cannot be done. Take the time to get it done now!
- The week of Monday, May 17th through 5/21 Is Cap & Gown pickup in Guidance
- Thursday, 5/20 & 5/21 – will be the Chromebook Collection in the Main Gym. All stickers must be removed before turning in your chromebook. THIS INCLUDES THE CHARGING CORD! It’s a $25 replacement fee!
- Thursday, 5/20 is Locker Clean-Out
- Last day for seniors – 1:45 meeting/dismissal
- Register for the Bomber Fair on Saturday, May 22nd.
- Tuesday, 5/25 – Graduation Rehearsal/Commencement
- Senior Parade – Date TBD
AP Government Reviews After School in Mrs. Smith’s room Today!
The 2021 Kenston Janus has arrived. What is Janus? It just happens to be the nationally awarded Kenston literary and art magazine. The magazine showcases the talented writers and artists that reside in this very building. Copies of the 2021 Kenston Janus publication have arrived and are free and are available while supplies last. If you would like a copy, they are available in the library or in room A119.
Attention Seniors! We are having a fun, fair-themed event, on Saturday, May 22nd from 6-10 p.m. to celebrate the end of the school year! We will have carnival games, free fair-style food, raffle prizes, and team games – including tug of war, the staff vs. senior soccer game, the powder puff game, and more! The senior fair is completely free, but we do need you to RSVP if you are planning on attending. To RSVP please fill out the google form sent to you in the senior group me or log onto the student portal. We hope to see you there!
Attention Underclass Students: NHS will be putting on a Talent Show on Saturday, October 23rd. I know that seems like a long way away, BUT, you have time to think about a routine and gather a few friends to get your “act” together and practice during the summer! We want you to show off your talent!
Is open for business! Stop in the Hub every Monday through Thursday after school from 2:20 to 3:20 to meet with a tutor or just use the space to work. All topics will be covered and no appointment is necessary. Be sure to take advantage of this great resource.
Link is on the KHS Website. Yearbook’s start at $75.00
5/14 Scholarship Breakfast – By Invitation Only
5/20 – Senior Awards – Student Only – By Invitation
5/21 – Last Day for Seniors (Turn in fees, chromebook, etc.)
5/22 – Bomber Senior Fair – 6:00 pm at Stadium
5/24 – Underclass Virtual Awards
5/25 – Graduation Commencement 6:00p.m. at Stadium
5/29 – Senior Campus Parade – 10:00 a.m.
5/31 – Memorial Day
6/2 – Last Day for Students
TRECA’s online summer school registration begins April 7 and runs through June 4. This is a great opportunity to earn your summer health and PE credit. Other advanced and remedial courses are available. See Guidance for information. Registration is limited, so register early if interested.
Attention Sophomores & Juniors: Leadership Geauga is hosting the 2021 Summer Youth Institute June 14-24 and is open to current sophomores and juniors only. The format will be a combination of virtual and in-person outdoor activities. Application deadline is May 15th and seating is limited. Information and application at www.leadershipgeauga.org.
Students there are many job opportunities for part-time and summer work posted on the bulletin board outside of the Guidance office and on the job board on the student website. Please take a look at the new opportunities available.
Orders now incur late charges!!!
KHS TESTING May 3-14th – AP Testing
The KHS Main Office has a few copies of the 2020-2021 Winter Sports Program available for $5 if anyone would like to purchase a copy.
Good Luck to the following teams as they play today:
- Boys & Girls Track – WRC Championship
- Boys Tennis – Sectionals @ Solon
- Softball – Sectionals @ Aurora
- Girls Lacrosse
- Boys Lacrosse
If you are experiencing trouble with your Chromebook:
On the student website, click on departments, click on technology and at the bottom is a Chromebook Repair Form
You can also contact Mrs. Buettner on ext. 2600
Need a job? New positions posted! Check out our JOB BOARD. Employers post jobs here because they want YOU! Go to the KHS website, type in “job board” in the search box, or stop by the job board across from Guidance.
LOST & FOUND ITEMS: Please stop by the Main Office if you have lost something or if you have found something that someone has lost. Items not claimed in a few days will be placed in the Lost & Found bin in the Cafeteria.